Powerbook screen doesn't shut flush...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by bluepaint, Jun 15, 2005.

1. bluepaint macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2005
    Hi, I got my new 15 powerbook a few days ago (and I love it, wooo!). Anyway, I noticed today that when the screen is shut it doesnt lie flat against the keyboard. Also the left hand side is slightly more raised than the right, the same happens at the rear (although right side is more raised than left on the rear). So I was wondering, is the top just slightly warped? Or could the hinges be adjusted a little bit?

Do you think I should take it back to the store and see if they can do anything with it? Thanks.
  2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2005
    it isnt supposed to lie flat
    so you wont get key marks on your screen
  3. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    None of them shut really flush from my experience and also running a similar thread before. One person said if it was tight when just sitting there, you'd get key imprints on the screen, which is true and quite undesirable.

My lid when closed is slightly more up on the right but only marginally. A friends is a fair bit looser but she's not bothered. If it's warped all round, you could see what they say, but they probs won't be too flustered. Enjoy anyway!
  4. bluepaint thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2005
    Thanks for the quick replies,

Seems to just be me being overprotective over my new favourite toy. :)

Thanks anyway.
  5. Joined:
    May 24, 2005
    I was worried when I got my 15" PB 1.5ghz through cos it was warped more on one side, but my friends did exactly the same and the guy in the shop said they are all not flush because of the keyboard. Makes sense.
  6. mrviga macrumors member

Jan 13, 2004
    As far as the screen goes, its normal for it to not lie flush, for the reasons mentioned above, but the warped thing is not normal. If the bottom casing is rocking when you put it on a desk, then call apple. They will ask you to put business cards under the feet until it stops rocking. Ultimately, if it is that big a problem, they will replace the bottom casing. Just to let you know...

Joe B. :)