Powerbook Shipping Time?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Spizzo, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Spizzo macrumors 6502

I ordered a PBG4 17"/1.33GHZ/512/80/SD/APX/BT the other day and it Finally shipped out of TW this morning. (2/06/04) I paid the extra 18 bucks for expedited shipping (2-3 Day), and I just checked tracking on FedEx and it says estimated delivery on 2/12/04.

I was wondering what other people had experienced for actual shipping times from Tawain?

I'm growing a little impatient as I ordered the PB on tuesday, I was assured it would ship same day, it didnt. Wed. evening, i checked apple.com and my order wasnt even processed yet. I called them up, and they had lost my order. needless to say, it's been a little frustrating. Should i call apple and complain, maybe ask for a refund of my shipping if i dont get it by monday? It's just 18 bucks, but it's the principal. Also I'll probably have to end up spending the 20 for the "free" iLife. :(

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I know how you feel... I ordered my G5 with 2 day shipping when they were announced and received it 2 months after the estimated date of arrival!

Unfortunately, theres not really anything anyone can do about it :-(

Hang in there, it will be worth it!

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Generally shipping from Taiwan is very difficult as the plants in Hsinchu make about 80% of the world's consumer electronics (great place to visit, everyone drives either a BMW or a Lexus!) Getting all the electronics through customs can be very difficult at times and often items go 'missing' in the huge database. My iPod took over a month to ship! Just the way it is sometimes.

4. selloutvixen macrumors member

selloutvixen

Wow. That totally sucks.

I didn't have such a negative experience with my iPod. I ordered it on the 16th and received it on the 21st with standard shipping. I actually got it a day earlier than the projected arrival date even with engraving.

I'd call customer service and see what they can do for you.