Powerbook Shipping Time?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Spizzo, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2004
    Pacific NW
    I ordered a PBG4 17"/1.33GHZ/512/80/SD/APX/BT the other day and it Finally shipped out of TW this morning. (2/06/04) I paid the extra 18 bucks for expedited shipping (2-3 Day), and I just checked tracking on FedEx and it says estimated delivery on 2/12/04.

I was wondering what other people had experienced for actual shipping times from Tawain?

I'm growing a little impatient as I ordered the PB on tuesday, I was assured it would ship same day, it didnt. Wed. evening, i checked apple.com and my order wasnt even processed yet. I called them up, and they had lost my order. needless to say, it's been a little frustrating. Should i call apple and complain, maybe ask for a refund of my shipping if i dont get it by monday? It's just 18 bucks, but it's the principal. Also I'll probably have to end up spending the 20 for the "free" iLife. :(
  2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    I know how you feel... I ordered my G5 with 2 day shipping when they were announced and received it 2 months after the estimated date of arrival!

Unfortunately, theres not really anything anyone can do about it :-(

Hang in there, it will be worth it!
  3. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Generally shipping from Taiwan is very difficult as the plants in Hsinchu make about 80% of the world's consumer electronics (great place to visit, everyone drives either a BMW or a Lexus!) Getting all the electronics through customs can be very difficult at times and often items go 'missing' in the huge database. My iPod took over a month to ship! Just the way it is sometimes.
  4. selloutvixen macrumors member

Oct 28, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    Wow. That totally sucks.

I didn't have such a negative experience with my iPod. I ordered it on the 16th and received it on the 21st with standard shipping. I actually got it a day earlier than the projected arrival date even with engraving.

I'd call customer service and see what they can do for you.