PowerBook shipping times have CHANGED on Apple Store

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tekmoe, Oct 11, 2005.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    just now noticed this 2 minutes ago...

15" combo and 17" have changed back to 24 hours.......

do a BTO and they instantly change to 6-8 days!

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
  3. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
  4. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    for the past week or so, the 15" combo and 17" have been 1-3 days for BTO. but the night before the big event tomorrow and they are now 6-8 days...hmmmmmmm?
  5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    There ganna get updated tomorrow no doubt about it. ;)

I just know it...
  6. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    lilstewart, i have high hopes for a powerbook update tomorrow. if you are correct, i will praise you for months to come while i am typing on my new 17" monster!
  7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    And lilstewart, if you are wrong, we will burn you at the stake! :D

It will be a shame to lose a member of the MR community, but it won't be a total loss... I hear that's the best kind of fire on which to toast marshmallows for s'mores :cool:
  8. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I love the explanation for releases, personally I base Apple releases on the blade counts of grass outside my apartment as I find that to be the best indicator. Currently I have no idea of how many there are and yesterday i had no idea either, which obviously can only mean one thing, we still have no idea, so don't bank, only hope at best for something to be released!!!!

My point if i even have one is, expect to be underwhelmed and hopefully you won't be.

Personally I'd like to see a final push of the PowerPC line for their Power lines, and speed bumps to all the systems. I'd like to see a gig standard in the Power series line as well.

Don't get mad at me being a pessimist, I don't even need a new one but I want them to release new comps just as bad!!!

Or a Airport Extreme A/V
    Or a VidPod

Because I would buy one of them, but i'm not holding my breath for either
  9. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2005
    The shipping dates on Apple's web site have been jumping up and down lately. I am surprised not to see the usual 5-7 or 7-10 shipping days before the update.
  10. Lanman macrumors member

Aug 19, 2005
    San Diego, Ca
    I wonder why the 12" Powerbooks are not 6 to 8 days?

Do you think they would be updated as well?
  11. themacman macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2004
    that would be so stupid on there part if they didnt update. That would be letting one of the models that needs the most upgrade in the dark. Plus that would make Apple look like they dont care about there smaller pb.
  12. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    I wonder if they'll integrate a new trackpad that is pressure sensitive on both sides of the button ala Mighty Mouse. Could be configured as one button or two...
  13. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2005
    They could make the track pad button pivot in the middle to give you left/right click. That would still be only one button but with two functions. :p
  14. ozone macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    That's hilarious! I'll have to use that kind of reasoning when I explain how I assign grades or something to my class...