Powerbook sleeping problem...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kdmenon, Jul 11, 2004.

1. kdmenon macrumors newbie

When im not using my powerbook i put it to sleep to save as much battery as i can. But when i lift the screen back up to wake it up it screen comes on... then it turns off.... then it comes back on... then it turns blue then it returns to normal... what the heck is goin on? how do i fix it? :eek:

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

What PowerBook model do you have? I have a 1.25 Ghz 15 inch model, and sometimes when I open it, the screen flashes on, then goes off. I can still hear it working, I just can't get the screen to turn on. It really sucks when I have unsaved documents open! :mad:

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

yeah mine does that sometimes.... not sure what its doing ive got a rev c superdrive 15inch... when i open the screen it goes on - off- transpart type of blue- then on...

think it might be ok... anyone?

4. kdmenon thread starter macrumors newbie

I just wanna know how to fix it...

I have the new 15-inch G4 powerbook and this is the problem i have... It only happens sometimes but its really bugging me! Does anybody know how to fix this? :confused:

5. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

My 15" TiBook does the same thing; it's not a problem. This is why it's supposed to do that:

It comes on and you see the screen - however, this is just the screen that was there before you put it to sleep. Although, while it was asleep the screen probably hasn't changed, the screen refreshes. And so, there is black, then the blank screen (blue) is applied, and then the updated frame.

Yes, it could be handled better, but it's not a serious problem of any sort.

6. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i was sure it was probably the case thanks for clearing it up... he was panicing slightly..lol