powerbook sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atacinus, Nov 23, 2003.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2003
    New York City
  2. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

May 30, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    Don't really like the style, but obviously if you like it go far it.

My favorite, and personal sleeve, is a Tom Bihn Brain Cell. Do a search to see the countless bags/sleeves that have been discussed.

Tom Bihn Cases
  3. altair macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    It looks like that one you are looking at has a zipper on it. Which I have heard may cause scratches on the powerbook. I have this
    sleeve and have yet to get a scratch on the computer 9 months later.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    The ideal world vs. what I'm willing to spend

I don't have a sleeve (yet). I bought a second-hand Crumpler "Very Busy Man" messenger bag and I just love it.

I do plan on getting a sleeve, though, for those days that I don't need to bring the kitchen sink along. If money were no object, I'd get the Waterfield Designs sleevecase with the shoulder strap and ballistic flap - that is the exact design I want (especially the flap, given that I live in the soggy Pacific Northwest). But yowsah! Who wants to spend $72 on a sleeve, for gosh sakes??

Anyone know of a sleeve that has a waterproof flap? I don't trust zippers to keep the rain out, and while Tom Bihn designs his excellent products up here he's located in the rain shadow of the Olympics (so he doesn't deal with Seattle rain, in other words).
  5. MacDuff macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2002
    San Francisco
    Go here, the best sleeves come from the San Francisco-based messenger bag company: Timbuk2

go here: Timbuk2 Laptop Sleeves and you won't be dissapointed. You can design your own online. They're extremely thin and come in all sizes, they also come with handles that don't fall apart.

Go for it- trust me on this. Get a messenger bag while you're at it.
  6. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Nov 15, 2003
    I bought the Incase Large sleeve for my 15" AlBook. Love it.

7. celaurie macrumors 6502a

Mar 2, 2003
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Just to reitterate zipless sleeves are best. I got a few nasty scratches on my last iBook from a sleeves zip. Of late I've been using products from Samsonite and Hegren for my lappys and peripherals.

cel, the portable sort.
  8. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003