powerbook sofware

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ayling, Jun 13, 2003.

1. ayling macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2003
    can anyone help ??? ive just brought a second hand powerbook with the powerdrive, can some one tell me what disks i should have as i only seem to have the os disks and i disks (idvd, itunes etc) the problem is that i dont seem to idvd on my laptop or a disk for it or is all the i stuff on the mac x os disc ?
  2. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, iDVD is a part of iLife which can be bought on disc (iDVD is to big to be downloaded).
    The OS discs and Application CD have whatever software was up to date at the time, except for iLife.
  3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    Re: powerbook sofware

do you mean "superdrive"? and are you sure that it is a superdrive? go to /applications/utilities/applesystemprofiler and click on the "devices and volumes" tab. look under the "Bus" section and it will tell you what drive you have!

iDVD only comes with the iLife package. therefore on a second-hand machine, it will not be pre-installed.
  4. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2003
    Well with my Powerbook, I got a software restore cd and a hardware check cd. iDVD was on the software disk. Course to access it you have to use "lst" under terminal.
  5. ayling thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2003
    yes it is a powerdrive burnt dvd today with toast.
  6. RiseAgainst macrumors regular

Jun 10, 2003
    When I got my powerbook (with superdrive) it only came with one DVD. It had the OS on and and other applications. Boot your machine and then put in the disk. There should be something there like "install optional material" iDVD is in there. You HAVE to install it this way if you format your computer too.