PowerBook speakers

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by katie ta achoo, Nov 25, 2005.

1. macrumors G3

So, I have a 15" Alu PowerBook running 10.4.3.

The speakers keep spontaneously not working. It's happened 4 times in the last 18 hours.

the only thing I've been doing on my PB differently is now I'm running F@H in terminal overnight, every night (and every time I leave my PB for more than a few minutes).

A restart always fixes it... I've repaired permissions, fiddled with system preferences, and all that good stuff.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Pretty please help?

2. macrumors 65816

Do you use headphones?

According to my Lil Bro since he has a AlBook, the PB thinks the headphones are connected. Connect a headphone and pull it out and your souns will come back to your speakers. He said it has nothing to do with the OS.

3. thread starter macrumors G3

Nope... didn't work.
    :confused:
    What's goin' on with my baby PB?
    *hug*

4. macrumors 601

generik

Could it be a loose connection somewhere inside?

Definitely a good idea to send it for some "medicals" :)

5. thread starter macrumors G3

But would that be fixed with a restart?

:confused:

edit:
    I know it wouldn't be fixed with a restart if it were a hardware thing. I was being facetious.

I also love that word.

6. macrumors member

I had a situation on my rev A 12" PB where the balance would shift on its own every day. I didn't realise that was the cause so I kept rebooting, which resolved the problem. I was using these wee dodgey self-powered speakers at the time via the headphone jack so I don't know if that's the same sort of situation or not.

Afraid I have no solutions as once I figured it out and reset it through system preferences, the problem went away.

Strange