Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duffsrp

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
Carlsbad
I have a 15 inch 1.25 GHZ Powerbook G4, Aluminum with a superdrive. I can no longer burn DVD's with it. I didn't know that macs didn't burn DVD+R disks and tried a couple times before finding that out. Now when I try to burn a DVD-R disk it gives me an error message. Anyone know if I can fix this or if I have to get a replacement drive? It burns CDs just fine. Reads DVD as well. And yes it's burned DVDs in the past. Please help!

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
dont worry dude these things happen !!

This happened to me on my 15 tit powerbook and a quick reinstall of osx cleared things and if its burning cds then i think that just reinstalling may do the trick .

if not there is a compnay called mce who can sell u a replacement drive for 300 $ or pounds not sure check them out

peace !!!!

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
A friend of mine just took his Powerbook into Apple to fix his drive because it wasn't working... Turns out it was a preference file that got corrupted, and so they charged him for the time. I don't know what file it was, but perhaps you could try trashing it and see if that helps.

Lee Tom

duffsrp

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
Carlsbad
thanks

Thanks both of you. I'll try the system install before taking it into Apple. I spoke a guy at an apple reseller and he also said MCE made replacement drives and they're much faster. I'd really like to not spend the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.