PowerBook Threads: Proposed Embargo

Discussion in 'Community' started by StarbucksSam, Jun 7, 2005.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO BE SICK.

These PowerBook threads are WAY out of hand.

IS THERE GOING TO BE A PB G5? WILL THERE BE AN UPDATE? SHOULD I BUY NOW? WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT? WHEN? HOW LONG WILL MY MACHINE BE SUPPORTED FOR?

This is MADNESS. And it's getting WAY WAY WAY out of hand.

Can we put an embargo on PowerBook threads and just have one BIG thread with an FAQ (even answers of WE JUST DON'T KNOW YET) in the mean time and say for... two weeks... nobody is allowed to post these threads or they will be moved into the massive thread because it's just nauseating?

Please? I appeal to you, my fellow countrymen, to stop the madness. ;)

2. TrumanApple macrumors member

i disagree

I disagree, clearly after there is an announcement of this importance and with this very high shock value, there will be lots of confusion. This will slowly die down as poeple begin to realize that the world isnt ending, and the macs for sale are the SAME macs that they defended before this announcement. The confusion should go away in a week or 2 (then return 1 month before WWDC next year with "Should i buy a 1.8ghz g4 or wait for a pentium m powerbook"...

3. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

You make a point but can we try to consolidate it a little bit? Really.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I have said similar in another thread...and I hate to be redundant while at the same time criticizing the other members for creating duplicate threads...but....while I know this week has created a lot of excitement, anxiety, confusion etc for Mac users, it has gotten a bit crazy. Every member does not need their very own Intel thread, or Powerbook thread containing their every minute thought about the transition.

I sure hope it all dies down a bit as I am getting frustrated with it all...I feel like avoiding the his place for a month or so while people get it all out of their systems.

Again, I don't like to criticize the mods here as they do a great job..and this week is especially tough...but this has to be clamped down on a bit or other "senior" members like me will get too frustrated and leave.

We like to help, offer advice, shoot the breeze about the latest news etc..but when there are countless duplicate threads that all say the same thing it gets absurd....oh yeah!

5. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Agree with StarbucksSam and Duff-man.

It's getting out of hand, too many same threads. Help mods!

6. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Should there be another thread about not having so many threads!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Ya there has been a lot of pondering in Apple land, can't help some of it, but it seems like there should almost be a forum just for it. Whatcha thunk?

edit:
    Stu has lost 8 lbs in the last 7 days!

7. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

How?

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

He's letting his 'tar do all the eating. ;)

9. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

10. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

You on the cabbage diet??? That's a pretty impressive clip at over 1 lb/day.

Rest assured everyone. The "Should I" powerbook threads will soon be replaced by "Help! new powerbook needs sleeve/bag" threads and the first line of text in the body will read as follows:

"I know this has been posted before but..."

Madness...

But I'm being critical. Hopefully things will die down without the need for divine intervention.

11. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I'm with Duffman on this one. I think they should make two new stickies: One for Powerbooks, and one for the Intel switch. Then we can all get back to life as normal.

12. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

There is one for the Intel Switch. Go to forums/OSX and it's sticky'd right at the top. But DEAR GOD do not post unless you've read the whole thing!! 1 in 3 posts is some chickenlittle or other that just posted blindly.

13. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I am more concer about Apple right now because obviously no one is going to get a PB unless they really need it.

Shares are going down (good tiem to buy) and well... Jobs was the Sith :(