Powerbook to Sharp Aquos LC-26D6U (1366x768)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bug, Oct 29, 2005.

1. bug macrumors regular

Hi All -

I'm trying to get my powerbook all set up with my new Sharp TV. Its an LC-26D6U and has a native res of 1366x768. It looks like no matter what I'm going to be stuck with either 1360x768 or 1368x768 - that's fine by me, better than the 1280x720 its in now.

I've been using a program called SwitchResX (found it mentioned on avsforums) and it seems like it will do the trick if I can find the magic numbers. I've searched the web for the correct settings, but have not been able to find them. I've found some settings people are using for their TVs with SwitchResX, but they don't work out for me because they are quite different from TV to TV it seems.

I'm either looking for someone who may know the correct numbers, or someone who can at least tell me where to look to find them, or what the method is to figuring them out.

What I need is (all of these are need for both horizontal and vertical):
    Front Porch
    Sync width
    Back porch
    Scan rate (I think it should be 45kHz horz 60 Hz vert as that is what the resolutions that work so far are at)
    also, it seems that the 'Pixel clock' always works out to be 74.25 on the working resolutions.

Is there a method to figuring these numbers out? I've tried to get them from Sharp, but that isn't going so well for me. I've checked out the powerstrip website, but it doesn't seem that they have any settings for a TV similar enough to mine.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

2. bug thread starter macrumors regular

What about a different model

Is anyone doing this with one of the other Sharp 26 inch LCDs? I'm under the impression that they are all the same panel, so if you have the numbers for a different Sharp, I can at least try it out.

Thanks!

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

bug,

I don't have a Sharp, so I can't help you with settings. However, I can suggest that you try DisplayConfigX. It does the same thing that SwitchResX does. Maybe one will work better than the other.

I can't say if either of them are superior, but it's worth a try.

ft

4. bug thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that one too - I still need to supply the same numbers. Although, they do things in slightly different ways, so I've been using both to try to make the numbers work out in the hopes that I'll stumble across the correct combination. It's quite a task trying to get this working, I had no idea that a custom resolution would be such a pain!