Powerbook two months on ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EGT, May 4, 2004.

1. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

So I've had my powerbook for about two months now. I only bought it because i travel a lot and i like to be able to work on the road and also have access to the internet.

As a past windows XP user, i thought I’d have a lot of difficulties getting used to the OS X software but everything has gone smoothly!
    The only bad thing about it is i now have a £2500 PC sitting in my bedroom at home that i never use anymore!!! I've transferred all my important stuff to the mac and i only ever use the mac!!! Good in a way i suppose? :cool: I was a little annoyed at getting my powerbook just before the line was updated by apple, but im not worried about that anymore. We'll be looking back and laughing at specs we have now in 10 years i suppose?

For what its worth- my next desktop will be a mac. In fact, every computer purchase i make in the future will most likely be a mac. A G5 is so tempting at the moment but after the powerbook, I don’t think I have the money!!!

If you have any doubts about switching to a mac, you really have nothing to loose but so much to gain!
    Just thought i'd let you guys/gals know.
    Thanks! :)

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

...if the G5 is so tempting- you could always sell the PC you're not using...

3. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

EGT,

My Powerbook is now ~1.5mths old - it's the older model, but with AE also.
    I couldn't be happier - it's my main computer, and I use it for everything, except my current CS c/work, for which I require Access (I know! Hardly even CS...)

I love it to bits, it's my baby :) Not a scratch on it, and there never will be! It's a 12in model but H-E-A-V-Y! Having said that, I'm comparing it to my mums Centrino ultraportable - without a built-in optical drive...

andy

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Haha, you just laid out how you should go about getting a G5.

1) You don't use your PC anymore, and you've moved everything off.
    2) Sell the PC; get money.
    3) Buy G5.

Done.

5. EGT thread starter macrumors 68000

EGT

I just might do that.

I'm actually thinking about selling my current powerbook on ebay or something and getting one of the new powerbooks from apple. I'd really like the extra speed and better graphics.