Powerbook Update Soon!!! For sure!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CuriousG, Sep 19, 2005.

1. CuriousG macrumors newbie

This is all the confirmation I need to think that an update to the Powerbook lineup is right around the corner. Today I went in to the University of Victoria in BC, Canada and the sales guy there told me that on top of the normal educational discount on the 12" Powerbooks he could offer another $150 additional off the price AND still offer the iPod promo deal also worth $225. I then said why the discount on top of the already discounted price? He said its due to them buying alot of stock and getting a deal from Apple. Well we all know this aint true. So I laughed and said or is it because of the lineup being updated very very soon? He commented...more than likely he said with a grin.

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Hmmm. I like it when stuff like that happens. I can't wait until tommarrow! I want price drops!

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

So did you buy the discounted PB, or are you going to wait until after the Expo?

4. CuriousG thread starter macrumors newbie

I currently have a recent iMac 20" and a Mac Mini w/ (2)60gb iPods so no...my wife would kill me if I had. ;)

But if the update is something worth not waiting for Mactel then I might have to sell my PC laptop I bought for the midterm while I waited for a worthwhile Powerbook.

5. CuriousG thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I forgot...I am also a MASSIVE Civilization fan and Civ4 is coming out next month and I want it. ;)
    No Mac version either. :(

6. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

7. CuriousG thread starter macrumors newbie

Which adds to the suspicion of an imenent update.

8. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Well, duh! ;)

9. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Didn't you notice that Best Buy had the 12" Powerbook on for $1499 a couple weeks ago? Some stock clearing going on.

10. CuriousG thread starter macrumors newbie

Canadian prices here at the university are $1599 for 12" Powerbooks.

11. carpe diem macrumors 6502

It does not necessarily mean that there are new power books coming out it may just be generous resellers.
    Sorry if i sound pessimistic.

12. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

In my experience, Apple resellers do NOT budge from their prices. They may throw in extras to be competitive, but their prices are generally set in stone.

It definitely means something.

13. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

This means don't buy.. You may save money now.. But when the new ones are out you will probably save 1.5-2 times as much. (By better value in same model.)