Powerbook update?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rugger8, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. rugger8 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2005
    #1
    Any advice... should I buy a Powerbook 17" now or wait for the next upgrade?
     
  2. tech4all macrumors 68040

    tech4all

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2004
    Location:
    NorCal
    #2
    PowerBooks were just updated in Jan. Probably be a while for the next Rev or G5 PB :rolleyes:

    BUT, I would wait till Tiger is released so that it will come pre-installed on all Macs.
     
  3. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

    mariahlullaby

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2005
    Location:
    NYC
    #3
    JW, do you think they will be any price drops on the PB's? Or just the ibooks/iMacs?
     
  4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

    yoda13

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2003
    Location:
    Texas
    #4
    I believe there were price drops with the last update, so I wouldn't expect any soon with the PB.
     
  5. James Craner macrumors 68000

    James Craner

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2002
    Location:
    Bristol, UK
    #5
    Powerbooks are normally on a 9 to 10 month update cycle, so on that basis I do not believe we will see new powerbooks until January 2006 at MacWorld. Apple have already significantly reduced the price of powerbooks on the last two updates and I think that further updates are unlikely.
     

Share This Page