powerbook updates and student rebate

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by holy MAC!, Aug 25, 2003.

1. holy MAC! macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2003

it appears that i am going to wait for apple expo to see if apple updates the powerbook line.

here is my question:

if they do update it, but the shipping date is after september 30th, will the student ipod rebate still be in affect?????

god i hope it will be.

what do you guys think?
  2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2003
    Madison, Alabama
    Re: powerbook updates and student rebate

The terms and conditions state that one must "... order and take possession of qualifying products from June 29, 2003, through September 27, 2003". At face value, it sounds to me like you must have the computer in hand (and not "on the way") by September 27. To be sure you should call Apple directly to find out what this clause means.
  3. bobpensik macrumors regular

Aug 21, 2003
    Calgary, AB
    i imagine that they will put out the PB's to ship after that date so that you can't get the promotion anymore. I mean it makes sense, they are trying to sell off all their old models and thus offering great deals, and will have the new ones without the promotions.

I have my 12inch PB on the way with iPod and printer :) and i ordered it the 21st of August and it is due to ship on the 12th of September, so dont' count on anything really sooner with the new models! sorry!