Powerbook updates tonight!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by carpet, Jan 24, 2005.

1. carpet macrumors member

Tomorrow mourning check the apple site! Im almost positive come tuesday tomorrow well see our speed bumps :)

2. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

:: slap ::

(Doc points at 35 other powerbook threads, rubs "carpet's" nose in it)

no! NO!

- Doc

3. carpet thread starter macrumors member

You know what. I come on this site because i assume its clean and that people on here will generally not act in the way you have acted. I enjoy coming to this site to post and ask questions and to read up on apples latest. But honestly people like you are really pushing me from coming back to this site. Its really unfortunate i wish this site was cleaner.

4. noel4r macrumors 6502a

5. efoto macrumors 68030

Updates are usually based off of US Pacific time correct?

Not that this gives them much time but it is 1219am Eastern and no updates yet :(

6. carpet thread starter macrumors member

No idea, but these bumps have been in the air for a while now and apple always updates on tuesdays

7. tubedogg macrumors regular

Considering it's still Monday in the Pacific time zone...

8. KCK macrumors regular

Several times the online store has closed for updating around 6am Pacific time during past product upgrades.

9. tubedogg macrumors regular

So you've got at least 9 hours to go.

10. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Yeah. Carpets right alright. If they dont release updates soon, the iBook will continue to steal the sales from the Powerbook family. And thats not good for Apple

11. efoto macrumors 68030

I guess I have to wait until after morning classes to check for an update then. Sad, this should have been done long ago and we are all waiting for it to happen tonight :(

I personally like the G4 in the *Books but a faster, dualcore would be awesome. A little better planning on a few companies parts and we could be looking at one of those tomorrow morning.

12. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

What do you base that on? People act like jackholes anytime they're anonymous. Keep reading these forums and you'll see that. I snapped last August and decided "that's enough--I can't take it anymore" and didn't read the forums for months. I came back yesterday to see what overly critical negative things people were saying about the Mac Mini and iWork. Not a lot changes.

Powerbook content--I'll start caring about updates in about 1 year. I still have that much AppleCare left on my G3 iBook.

13. carpet thread starter macrumors member

I dont know what made me assume that. Maybe because i have a slight bit of hope in the common person.

14. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

MacRumors 05 System Requirements:

1.) Thick skin.
    2.) Ability to differentiate between **** and shinola.
    3.) Patience if you're going to post a lot. If somebody asks for help they want an answer. Don't be Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. That doesn't help.
    4.) Even more patience...and self restraint. Some people do incredibly stupid things to their computers and you want to slap them silly. You usually shouldn't do it.
    5.) Know when enough is enough. When personalities on the forum make you angry and it's not fun anymore, find something else to do.

15. TheSith macrumors regular

ROFL!

Anyways, despite the annoyance that some may see in these multiple PB threads, I am totally hearing you guys. I hope there is an update tomorrow and will be running to the store if there is.

And since stores are selling out, shouldn't this quite update be available in stores TOMORROW? or am I being too optimistic?

16. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

If you are on this forum a lot, pay attention to who is posting. You will eventually learn who to ignore and who to listen to.

17. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

OMFG G5 P0WERB00KS R HEAR!!!11111

Seriously though, I'm hoping that the updates don't come for awhile. Will be a sad day when I see my rev. c book is finally outdated :(

(Ok, thats kind sad, but in a geeky way :D)

18. James L macrumors 6502a

Actually, the last powerbook update was on a Monday morning (silent release at the beginning NAB).

Good luck though!

19. ephex macrumors member

It's 7:25 tuesday eastern time.... I better see powerbook updates today cuz I've been waiting for over six months!

But some kind of update has to be a guarantee, I mean would they really just allow their powerbook line to be completely unavailable like it has been this past week or so?

20. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Well its 12.39 over in the UK and nothing yet....

Personlly im looking forward to the new PM, nt that i can afford one though :(

21. efoto macrumors 68030

This has been commented one before as well. Your current system will not be outdated by any means, there will just be a slightly faster system currently available.
    The only reason I am excited for an update is not because it makes them soooo much faster or better, because the proposed and rumored update will not do that. Rather, I do not own a PB so why not wait for the latest if I do not require one yesterday? I'm just trying to be patient and get the latest....I should have ordered a Rev.C back in October when I first was truly interested.

22. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

You know what? A lot of people start threads like this with absolutely no basis. G6 Powerbooks today, because I said so. :rolleyes:

23. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm thinking this thread is of the first variety...

24. Zaty macrumors 65816

Not today

Sorry, but no PBs today. Stores are still up, they would be down by now (at least non-US stores).

25. efoto macrumors 68030

Have to agree with Zaty sadly, it is 938am Eastern here and nothing :(

With all of the info leaning towards an update....when will it happen!?