Powerbook,usb,wireless kb and mouse. Problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DickArmAndHarT, Nov 3, 2004.

1. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

1)I recently bought a wireless keyboard and mouse for my pb. I have been typing and then it will begin sending a key to the computer and wont stop. For instnace i was typing and i hit the C key and then it just continued to type C and i had to turn off the keyboard and re start it. Another time it kept sending the ctrl key so that everywhere i click it kept rigght clicking. I have also had connection problems so when i take the pb out of sleep they dont automatically recongnize the kb and mouse. I have to settings on discover. to make this recongnize i have to click them mouse over and over until the red light on the bottom turns on or i have to push the switch on the bottom over the light and then back off. Then i see the red.

2)More problems, My pb's right USB port isnt working.

3)I have apple care on both things.

4) Recently i bought endust to clean my keyboard. I went and tilted it to far while trying to get under the keys and the cold liquid sprayed on the keys. I immdiatly turned off the pb and held it upside down. After a few minutes i started it back up and everythign was fine. The problem with the USB happened before this. If i call apple care and have send in the pb would they not service it because of maby there is visible damage because of the spill. Eventhough the stuff seems to not leave any residue.

I have had to send my pb away two other times and i love apple with a passion but being without my computer is extremly inconvient. -one time the monitor cable came loose. The other was a screen latch problem.

5) When i close my screen it has a space on the right side where it seems the monitor bends up. Would they possible fix this also.

6) Where it says powerbook g4 under the monitor the P and O are on the bottm worn off. Just a bit of an eye sore.

Any suggestions for my problems

Do you think i would possible get a replacement PB. I also installed more ram do newer PBs use different ram. That would be a big problem.

2. California macrumors 68040

California

This is an aluminum PB? Read somewhere there are keyboard problems with it. Do a websearch. Omit what you said about endust and just complain again to Apple about the problem; they should help you but not if you are not clear and concise with the exact problems.