Powerbook value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by plutnicki, Aug 22, 2005.

1. plutnicki macrumors regular

I'm considering downgrading from my 15" TiBook to a 12" iBook. My father just bought one for himself and I found myself admiring the ideal size and a more robust (durable) form factor. The TiBook just seems so damn delicate, I'm afraid to take it around as much as I would like.

Anyway, is there any way to gauge the value of these other than just cruising E-bay and seeing what similar ones go for. Mine's pristine, 1ghz, 1gig memory, 60 gig drive and Superdrive. No dead pixels, etc...

Is it possible that it had enough value in it to offset the cost of a new 12" iBook (say $1000 - $1200 ) or is that just out of line?

I don't really want to put it up until after I've had a chance to buy the new iBook and transfer all the useful info to it.

Thx,

2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Your computer is worth $1200-$1500 according to everymac.com

3. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

VERY cool website!
    I learn something new every day I read these forums - actually, it's usually more like 9-10 new things every day, but you get the idea. ;)

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

what wrong with this idea? it's a great way to get a market value for something...

:confused: