PowerBook wakes up itself... again!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dagless, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Last night i was having a rollicking good time on YTMND and wanted to continue that in the morning. so i shut my PowerBooks lid. goes to sleep. put wallet infront of the sleep light (lordy its bright) and go to bed. but it woke up AGAIN! though luckily the fans weren't going as loud as last time - if you read my old post this is now the 2nd time its happened. so that was better i suppose.

I'm just really confused and maybe slightly worried. again I ask ye all; how on earth does a PowerBook with nothing but a power cable plugged in wake up from sleep?

also. im considering a format. this will be the first time i've done this so whats the drill? can i just drag all my apps to my external HDD and copy them back later?
    I'm even considering going back to 10.3. Bizarre things have been happening on Tiger for me, things like this. and that it needs a hard shutdown to turn off. :(

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

It wakes probably due to it being plugged in. I might be sencing a slight drop in power so it wakes itself, it might be due to where you have it plugged in. But I'm pretty certain, since this happened with my old iBook, that it is the fact that it is plugged in that is waking it up. It setting you might want to check on is if you have it set to restart incase if oiwer failure, and change it if it is set to reboot the computer. System prefs, energy saver, options tab. See if that helps, if not, just unplug it at night, it will only drain the battery a little bit.