Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Right around the power port. It's minor, and isn't anywhere else on the computer (Unlike my old 12" PowerBook, where the entire surface above the keyboard was bubbled), but I've noticed if I don't plug in the adapter just right, or if I move it too much after plugging it in, nothing gets through and the battery won't charge. I've had the PB since late February - I'm worried it's too late, and the problem "too minor" for a repair or an exchange. Anybody else faced this problem? Any thoughts?

sashimibikini

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2005
Alaska
Anybody else faced this problem? Any thoughts?

My powerbook g4 12" is doing the same thing, the panel on the left side (while facing the pb open) where the usb/firewire ports are, is lifting and warping. Frankly, i am more torqued off about my batter with 111 cycles getting about 20 minutes worth of life per charge. I am giving apple one more chance with their powerbooks and then i am through.

pammyspyce

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2005
Bay Area, Calif
ColoJohnBoy said:
Right around the power port. It's minor, and isn't anywhere else on the computer (Unlike my old 12" PowerBook, where the entire surface above the keyboard was bubbled), but I've noticed if I don't plug in the adapter just right, or if I move it too much after plugging it in, nothing gets through and the battery won't charge. I've had the PB since late February - I'm worried it's too late, and the problem "too minor" for a repair or an exchange. Anybody else faced this problem? Any thoughts?

Not that I'm an expert, but I think that what you describe isn't "too minor" since it interferes with recharging. You should call Apple. I would.

aminadab

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
Portland, Oregon
I had the same problem with my Rev a 12" -- the "genius" will tell you its a rubber foot problem. Sometimes it is. But it if ain't come prepared to battle. I have the latest Rev. 12" and I'm just waiting for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.