Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodenturkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
My Powerbook will not power on. I have followed some instructions on disconnecting the PRAM battery and that did not work, any ideas? I just stopped coming on without any explination.

EHUnlucky7x9@ao

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2006
New Jersey
Need more details.

Light turns on when you plug it in?

Battery has any power?

Does it make a dong noise?

Has the PB been opened up?

Does the PB smell burnt?

Does it make a long beep noise? Any beeps at all?

If the computer is plugged in and makes no dong or beep when you push the power button. Then the motherboard is finished.

If the PB has been opened up, check the connection of the power button to the motherboard.

Need more details.

Light turns on when you plug it in?

Also check the power cord, see if it is sending power- we had a couple of those fail on us over the years... any chance of scaring up another "known good" power cord, just to try it? Might be a long shot, but worth checking.

If I recall, these power cords don't have little operating lights, so you kinda have to see if they work by seeing if it will power up a computer.

MacMan33

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
Chicago
Powerbook G3 400mhz not powering on at all!!!HELP

I have the same issue happening.

I have a Powerbook G3 with a Yo yo charger. I have dropped it and now it is not powering on. It does not show signs of any power going to the laptop? ANy idea how much or what the issue is with this unit? thanks any help would be helpfull, thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.