Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millar876

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
as the title sujests, i had a woopsie. firstly ill explain the lead up to the woopsie. I'd been havivg problems with mt router dropping my broadband line (it told me there was a physical line error, BT said there wasnt) so i moved it to where the main nine came into the house and plugged it in there. same thing so i figured the router might be on its way out due to the fact that its been on for almost 3 years and was only off for about three hours its entire life. so anywar to get it to recognise the line was there and connected i mounted it on the upper part of my desk (above the powerbook) and needless to say it fell, landed on the powerbook, (no damage to case) bit as the screen was open and the router has corners, une banged against the screen, and i have now got a lillte black star in the middle of the top right quarter od the screen with some little (upto 2.5 inch) cracks in the screen. i dont thenk ive ruptured any of the LCD parts due to the fact that i dont have that trippy rainbow look to that part of my monitor...

... so the question is, how easy would it be to fix, how much would it cost, would i be cheaper getting a new pb? I might just claim on home insurance, ive got accidental damage cover and a new for old on my policy. (pb in sig) what do you think.

p.s. im running an external monitor so not using the powerbook screen is no biggie for the mo. just means i cant use it as a portable till its fixed.

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
You could have a poke on ebay, but you'll probably pay more than £50 for an old 2nd hand screen - e.g
this

I'd claim on your home insurance if I were you - your excess is probably £50? You've paid for the accidental insurance, you may as well use it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.