1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Powerbook would not turn on. Really weird.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by crazydreaming, Jan 5, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

Today I flew on a plane. I had my 15" Powerbook off when it went through airport security. When I went to turn it on on the plane, it would not do anything. I checked the battery, it was good. I kept hitting the power button and nothing was happening :confused:. Then I started holding the powerbutton and it would make a long dial tone sound and then the sleep light would flash a few times... Still would not start. ??? So finally, after almost giving up it started fine after holding down the power button a few more times.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mine does that every now and then on plane trips./ I'm not sure why but it doesn't bother me. It always acts normal again as soon as I'm back on Mother Earth™. At a guess, it's probably something to do with either the atmosphere in the cabin. :)

3. macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

OK, now I feel better. At first I was freaking out, I thought it had something to do with security, which it still may have because when I tried starting it up the cabin door was open and we we're on the ground :confused: