Powerbook wouldn't wake up...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by xFU3Lx, Jul 10, 2005.

1. xFU3Lx macrumors member

:confused:

Earlier tonite, I came back upstairs to my computer(15" PB) I try to wake it up, no such luck, then I noticed something strange. The hard disk was obviously still running, (I could heard it). No sleep indicator light. No button would make it respond, tried closing and opening the lid. Unplug power cord. Nothing worked. I called my friend who his an Apple user as well, he said to just take out the battery and reboot, and all is well. Anyone ever have an experience like this?

2. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Yep, it's happened to me a few times. As long as it doesn't happen frequently you don't have to worry.

3. xFU3Lx thread starter macrumors member

4. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Some software error. You can try looking at the console right after you reboot to see if it has any error messages from before the reboot.

5. Icespiker macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to mine, except it never woke up even after I took out the battery. Turned out that the logic board was bad and i had to send it in for repair.

6. dhan macrumors member

Same thing

Same thing happens to me, but MUCh more frequently. The computer sounds like its running, even the caps lock light turns on and off, but the computer doesn't wake up! So aggravating. Maybe it IS my logic board? This happens so much, I'm actually afraid to close my laptop because I'm sure 60% of the time, it won't wake up and I'll lsoe any information I had.

And sometimes, when I try to reboot, it freezes while it loads up my OS. I don't have any crazy 3rd party software that's been proven to cause this either... I have applcare warranty - that should cover it right?