Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TheWitePony, Jul 21, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

I just purchased a Tibook and I would eventually like to get some more RAM for it. I was wondering what is the best place to get RAM?

2. macrumors 68030

britboy

A good place that I usually use is Crucial. If you're in the states, then just go to crucial.com and select your memory size (144-pin).

3. zim
    macrumors 65816

zim

4. macrumors 65816

vollspacken

5. macrumors member

Has anyone ever bought memory from OWC? They are selling 512MB SODIMM memory for a 12" powerbook for $82, over $50 less than crucial. Does anyone have any experience with OWC's memory? It doesn't seem to be brand name.

I personally generally buy only Crucial or Kingston memory.. those are my top two favorites.. :)

6. macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

The last time I was buying RAM (Sept?) I read somewhere that the person who was the chief architech of Photoshop used EDGE memory.

I bought Edge from ClubMac. It was not the most (nor the least) expensive and has worked perfectly ever since (Zero kernel panics).

7. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I use memory from coast2coast meory and it works great coast2coastmemory.com they are also 18004memory.com

8. macrumors 68040

tazo

i agree. they are top notch quality, not very expensive, and they offer free shipping usually.