Powerbooks after Paris....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Aug 23, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

this is what im thinking. im going to be selling my ibook for about $925. i want to get a loaded 12" PB (100gb, SD etc.) BUT I want to take advantage of the free ipod b4 9/24. I kno logic tells me to wait for the update after expo, but this is the thing: Im thinking the ipods will go on some sort of b/o, around expo time, THUS: waiting for the updated PB and getting a free ipod cant happen,and we wont be able to take advantage. you guys think im thinking crazy???

2. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST!!!!

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST GUYS, ITS THAT IM AT WORK, AND IE FROZE, SO I THOUGHT IT DIDNT POST. I HATE THESE DAM PC'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

You're freaking out, man! Get ahold of yourself!

That said, don't ever, ever do it again! :)

4. lfielder06 Guest

It seems like you can wait for the 24th. I say tell yourself to order the new computer on the 24th. If the pbs have been updated then you get the updated one, if not you will still get a pretty good machine and a free ipod (after mail in rebate). I am not sure that waiting will be worth it, but you never know. I recently purchased one because I figure my next one will be a rev b intel pb. Whatever you end up doing you will get a great PB.

5. wako macrumors 65816

most of the rumors that I been hearing is that the revisions arent going to be anything of big significant or ground breaking, especially for the 12''. Also as you said you probably will be getting a rev b. mactel. So even if the 12'' gets a super upgrade, it wouldnt matter. You will be getting another system later and the current one will still serve you just as good as any other one

I say just go for the free ipod