Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
¿Donde esta el powerbooks?

Anyone have any hunches as to when new PBs will come out?
This Week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...
Next Week
MWxx
Never

I just want to hear some opinions before I give up waiting and buy something else.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
There do seem to be tantalizing little rumors, but really no one outside apple has much of an idea. It shouldn't be too long away, but it could still be months? I'd look at iBooks for the timebeing, or wait if you're not desperate.

quidire

macrumors 6502
EJBasile said:
¿Donde esta el powerbooks?

Anyone have any hunches as to when new PBs will come out?
This Week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...
Next Week
MWxx
Never

I just want to hear some opinions before I give up waiting and buy something else.

Question: What do you want (function wise) and by when do you want it.
All evidence indicates the next refresh of the PB line will just bump up the CPUs a bit. There will be no G5 soon, nor any dual-core G4. (those are far more likely to be announced at WWDC or MWSF next year (July '05 or Jan '06) as they are major product announcements.

I have a 12" PB that I bought this past October. Contrary to various comments people have made, I find the PB12 to be well worth the price difference between it ant a iB12. That is of course a function of your priorities and your opportunity cost of money.

If you have a computer that is holding you in good stead, perhaps waiting is better; at least until the Tuesday after next. If you need a computer, just buy; there is always another product refresh a month or two away.

If you have around $4k, I'd go for an iMac and an iBook; neither is likely to be refreshed, and you get a wide range of function-competencies.

-RS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.