Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trudd

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Texas
Over the past two weeks, I've noticed my Rev. D Powerbook will shut down after putting it to sleep. I don't recall it happening when charging - only when running power from the battery.

I'll try resetting the PRAM later. I was mainly wondering if anyone had run into this problem before. It isn't a problem of the battery dying, and it doesn't occur after hours of being off the charger. I stuck the laptop in my bag at 6 this morning, and when I got it out at 8:15, it powered off.

Side notes: According to coconut battery, the battery is 13 months old, has 237 battery cycles (high, I know), and 4096 out of 4400 mAH. I've yet to run the battery update, though I don't think this is a factor.

Thanks in advance.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Is it running out of power? Unless it is fairly new it will just "die". The last G4s and the MBP will suspend to disk.

trudd

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Texas
trudd said:
It isn't a problem of the battery dying, and it doesn't occur after hours of being off the charger.

When I started it back up this morning, it had 93% charge. It's got plenty of juice.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
When I was having battery problems this only occurred when I was not plugged into the AC adapter.

I've had some weirdness from time to time with my Powerbook waking from sleep. I've made it a habit to either just shut the thing down or fire up my Electric Sheep screensaver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.