Powermac - are you lost?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 7thheaven, Feb 25, 2005.

1. 7thheaven macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm like waiting everyday for new Powermacs to be announced. I was even shocked to learn how WAY overdue they are. I don't see alot of news on this. Anyone know or have heard any rumors on Powermacs? I'm looking to get a new G5 tower. My iMac is running a little slow, as the drive is filling. My other two Macs are running great. I just cant believe there has been no news on a new Powermac and/or more buzz or complaints. Am I alone on waiting for this? :confused:

2. Eastend macrumors 6502

I'm with you on the PowerMac news, there has been lot's of complaints all over the place, but there is very little news or I should say rumors of new PowerMacs anywhere. It's starting to look like the day's of the G4 500 Mhz fiasco. There was a Rumor on Macosrumors about March 21st. or something, however they do not seem very reliable percentage wise.

Brian

3. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

4. Eastend macrumors 6502

Yes we see, your URL directs to a thread started here at MacRumors, where else on the Internet is there news? This PowerMac is getting long in the tooth. Signed hungry for PowerMac news.

5. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

6. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

That would totally rot. I too have been waiting patiently. I even will find out next week what level PM I can spring for - but I am not going to buy a machine that is basically almost 1yr old. If we have to wait until June that is a whole year for a bump/revision. They could have at least dropped the price to entice buyers...essentially it is the same $$$ for a machine with the same specs in March 2005 that it was in June 2004 :(

7. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Oh jeez, now we are refering to the Macs as a living being. haha :p