Powermac Delivery Dates Are 2-3 Weeks!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, just more fuel for the fire, but the delivery dates are after WWDC - to me this is a smoking gun for the new 970 machines. :D

D

Attached Files:

2. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

SWEET!! I can't wait...too bad i can't afford one right now...but I gotta start saving...my 400Mhz G4 is showing it's age!

3. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

That is becasue you customized your build, I did the stock model, and I got same day

4. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    D. come on now, I expected better of you ;)

i clicked on the "basic" 1.42 and it's 1 day. I did notice however that Quark has changed from 2-3 weeks, to 7-10 days......

maybe they're having trouble getting enough 9700 graphics cards or something, hence the delay

5. NicoMan macrumors 6502a

NicoMan

If you go for the Ultimate config on the UK store (which includes the 9700), you get 2-4 days. Anyway there is still close to 2 weeks till Keynote, so that'd be early for those indications.

NicoMan

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, of course they have the standard ones ready to go - I've checked this before, the built to order ones *are* the indicator here.

They'll have some of those standard machines available after the announcement as well - but they're not going to manufacture any of the old machines.

Please, give me some credit here.

D

7. job macrumors 68040

job

duke has a very valid point here.

Instead of custom building a new 1.42 machine, they will most likely take an existing stock machine and put in the custom parts.

Apple probably still has quite a large number of the old towers left, however, they are not going to keep building them (which is when customization normally occurs.)

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I like the part that says "review your order. Make sure you have everything you need." I need a 970 processor thank you.:D