PowerMac Dual 2.5GHZ is shipping same day

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JRM, Feb 10, 2005.

1. JRM macrumors member

Aug 13, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I saw the other day that the Dual 2.5Ghz PowerMac estimated shipping time had dropped from its usual 1-2 weeks to SAME DAY. For those looking at buying a new PowerMac (not me I'm happy with what i got) does this mean that the troubles with the 2.5's have been sorted out and perhaps Apple is ready to introduce a new lineup, I know it may be a month at shortest but i would say that it is good news for progress. Just a thought
  2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2003
    woohoo...maybe that means new powermacs. Isn't it usually if apple makes the entire line of a product "shipping same day" a sign of good things to come. And the powermac is in need of a refresh anyway.

3. emoore3 macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2005
    It's funny how we look for "signs" that new products are coming out. I've heard that when shipping goes to weeks then a new update is on the horizon and now the shipping goes to same day and we expect new power macs :)
  4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    Not really, just means that they are now able to get a steady shipment from IBM and keep them in stock. Just the fact that they can only get a steady shipment from them only after about 8 months when its about due for an update is purely coincidental. :p
  5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    They have been same day for about 4 weeks now. This is good and bad in a way. Plus side is that IBM is making the chips faster now. The bad could be that the Powermacs are not selling well and there is a surplus.

On another note i'm impressed by this. Remember back in the October Finacial results conference, when asked how long the 2.5ghz would be constrained? Yep, they said into February. So, IBM is being accurate in forecasts which is a good sign.