PowerMac Dual G4 sound card

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by caccamolle, Apr 10, 2006.

1. caccamolle macrumors 6502

Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone could recommend a sound card for my Dual G4 (mirror door, 1.25).
    All I need this for is to get digital output from the Mac.
    I have tried an Audiphile 2496 but inspite of installing all up to date firmware and drivers it would make my Mac "unstable". No crashes really, but it would no longer go to sleep or things like that which were very annoying, so I sold it.

For those of you curious, I just need digital out so that I can use an external dac when listening to music from iTunes. I know I could use the airport express, but I would prefer something internal, if it worked properly.

thx and best regards!
    ww

2. caccamolle thread starter macrumors 6502

dudes ! are you suggesting there is not one f***g sound card that's reliable for the mac ?

3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

4. caccamolle thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man.

another dude suggested that card (or the 7.1 version). I just was hoping to hear from someone that it actually works well w/o no changes whatsoever on the stability of the mac, like it should. As I mention, when I plugged in the audiophile 2496 (also an M-Audio card) it was a problem.

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I have the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 Card in a MDD 1.25 GHz (FW 800 model) running Tiger.
    No problems with the card, but VLC has a terrible time getting the channels right when trying to playback Dolby 5.1

The digital coaxial output works fine.

6. caccamolle thread starter macrumors 6502

great, thx.