Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwl017

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Murder Capitol DC
I picked up a MDD 1Ghz PowerMac G4 fire wire 800 model and everything works great except it will not sleep. When I put the unit to sleep the display goes dark (20" ADC apple display) and the towers keeps running the only way I get it to come back on the display is to reboot. :confused::confused::confused:

Help please

Thanks

Invizzible

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2003
Having Pro Tools LE (can't remember which version) installed on my G4 Powermac prevented me from being able to put it into sleep mode. However, the latest version (7.3) under Tiger does not suffer from that problem.

Qianlong

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2004
does the computer has extra PCI USB or FW cards installed??

I have a pci USB 2.0 card installed and when a external HDD or a Flash drive is inserted the comp won't go to sleep

MorzillA

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Miami
Have you tried singing it a lullaby?! :D LOL

No but seriously! I wish I could be of any help, my G4 has not have that problem, could this be a display issue? the reason I ask is cuz a similar thing happened on a PC (yes yes I know PCs are not Macs) untill I switched monitors.
How about logging off, does that work as well? IF and I mean IF logging off does not seem to work then it MIGHT be an OS issue, no?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.