Powermac G4 cube page still up?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by swahilibill, Mar 15, 2003.

1. swahilibill macrumors 6502

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

How the heck did you find this? :eek:

Nah, old news. Just look closely at the display. The menu bar is for OS 9 and the old text (Garamond) is present.

3. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

it could still be being sold up here in canada ;) jk jk

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Powermac G4 cube page still up?

That's an old link, and the store doesn't have any for sale. The last ones for sale were last year at www.apple.is (Iceland). But they're not there anymore either.

D

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

This has always been there. I actually go back and look at it now and then, just for the memories. Every few months I get Cube Fever and look on ebay for a replacement for my beloved Cube. God, I miss that thing.

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Thats classic, Good find but I wouldn't hold my breath.

7. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Re: Powermac G4 cube page still up?

That would be great if we did. :cool:

8. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

Well, this stirs the old debate.... which would sell better? The Flat-Panel iMac or a revamped Cube?

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think that back when the Cube was in production, it would have sold more than an iMac G3. But now that we have a much more compact iMac than a Cube + monitor, I think the iMac G4 would sell better.

10. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

i dont know about that...i live the FP iMac...but i loved the look of the cube. it had alot to do with aesthetics and stuff.

my BF had a cube at work (worked at an art gallery. The cube sat 2/3 of the way down the length of the desk. the cords were well concealed and the keyboard hidden under the desk. The monitor was mounted on the wall towrds the other end of the desk. With the cords all hidden it was just an awesome looking setup. Monitor just on the wall...the cube the only thing that was ever on the table. great for the gallery. There is a reason the cube is in MOMA ;)

11. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

I hope they find it in their hearts to bring back the Cube and a business strategy that will make it attractive from a price standpoint. It was way overpriced to begin with. It should have sold for $999. That would have brought it home to the masses. Oh well, one can always hope I suppose. If they bring it back again, it will have to be $499 or there abouts to compete with Wintel land...

12. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

go to the desktop movies page, and look in the "Show on Internet..." column. they updated that to say ".Mac" instead of iTools...interesting.

13. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Witness the power of global find and replace.

14. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

They should bring it back as something midway between the iMac and the Powermac. Something not as expansive but with similar power as the powermac.

15. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Not to mention the 15" display.

Dan

16. aasmund macrumors member

I want a cube!

Just pop in a big hd and a better optical, the rest I dont care.

17. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

It has .Mac's link on it, it's really strange. I hope the Cube comes back. I wanted to get one but i needed more than 500Mhz.

18. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

Re: I want a cube!

and an ATi Radeon 9700Pro or an nVidia Geforce Ti 4600 both w/128MB DDR. Then i would sell my pmac for that. i only need one 32bit PCI slot in my mac. and the cube had that. bring it on.

ps. doesn anyone have the video from the left link - the 6min one about the design?

19. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Apple might come out and surprise us like they did with the 2 PowerBooks. No one saw those coming. I'd buy a Cube with the PPC970. Possibly MWNY? Ya never know with Apple.

20. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I think it's really funny how now that Apple has abandoned another great concept, competitors copy that idea and succeed by charging less. This sounds soooo familiar.

Cube PCs

21. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Re: Re: I want a cube!

The cube only had a 2x AGP slot, no PCI adding that would be nice though.

The cube would be a great gamer's machine if we had new games, and the cube was consumer-priced. having a lot of pro features, but a slower drive and less expandability might still proove too expensive. upgradeable AGP is really the key for gamers.