powermac g4 internet problems

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacHappytjg, Sep 6, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

so basically this powermac g4 quick silver 733mhz is giving me big problems connecting to the internet, its got built in ethernet and modem, also a ethernet card, and wireless usb dlink thing. so i install the driver for the dlink usb thing driver works etc, it says its connected but wont go to a page apple.ca (safari), so then i put the ethernet cord in the ethernet card lights flashing then goess to apple.ca so how can i just get the internet to work using usb only and ethernet only? im assuming the built in thernet isnt working on a case of that theres a card there i might just reinstall tiger off a imac g5 since i rember the internet setup was so much easier, wait nvm about the off a imac g5

2. macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

Go into network preferences and select the plug you need to connect through.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

yea the ethernet pc card is there for no reason at all the wireless usb is extremly slow and the built in ehternet works, so i put the wireless usb to my eMac so i dont have to run a cord works fast and all but i cant share my music.