PowerMac g4 needed

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by CTYankee, Sep 27, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm looking to buy a G4 powermac for my church's youth group for doing video work, signs, photos, etc. If anyone has anything for sale that is around a 500-600mhz G4 I'd be interested. I would rather not go for an iMac or eMac because I'd like to be able to upgrade HD and optical drives as needed.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 604

MacBandit

How about a fully loaded B/W G3 it can be upgraded to a G4 550 for about $250.

Check out the stock specs for the B/W G3 here http://www.everymac.com/systems/app..._g3_400_bl.html.

Also here are the current specs of mine.

B/W G3 400 rev. B with 768MB of Ram / 45 gig Maxtor 7200RPM ATA / 6 gig OEM / DVD drive / Radeon PCI has S-Video TV out / Internal Modem / optional OEM SCSI-2 card / Internal Zip / 10.2.1-9.2.2 installed / Includes 10.1 install discs.

3. macrumors demi-god

maelstromr

upgraded 9500

I've got an upgraded 9500 G4 450 processor, 1 MB level 2 cache, 320 MB ram, 9.1 gig 10,000 RPM hard drive, 32 MB ati radeon graphics card, 3 fireports, ethernet, flat panel speakers and sub woofer, key board and mouse. You can upgrade the processor to a 800mhz now if you wanted, and there inplenty of extra drive room. I have a 17" apple monitor with it that you can have if you want to pay for shipping. It's older I know, but it runs perfectly and can handle graphics apps and such with ease. And I'm sure I'll sell it for less than anyone with newer equipment. I have a powerbook and I really don't need the crunching power of the processor or graphics card anymore...so out this goes...

Seth

4. macrumors member