powermac g4 PLEASE HELP!!1

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iSaygoodbye, Mar 31, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

ok. disconnected my pc so i could sync my ipod. went to the mac. the mouse was moving around. wouldnt click anything. then a little thing came up saying "your computer needs to be restarded" so i turned it off. tried to turn it on,i got the chime. it went to the white screen with gray apple logo. i got the little spinny thingy. it went there for like fiv eminutes. then went to a baby blue screen and did the spinny thing for a bit. then the spinny thing went away. now i turned it off

^^copy/pasted from a IM session cause it was too long to re-type

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

3. macrumors 68040

California

Hit pram reset and reseat each piece of ram. Try starting up from an original system disc, too.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

ok. disconnected my pc so i could sync my ipod. went to the mac. the mouse was moving around. wouldnt click anything. then a little thing came up saying "your computer needs to be restarded" so i turned it off. tried to turn it on,i got the chime. it went to the white screen with gray apple logo. i got the little spinny thingy. it went there for like fiv eminutes. then went to a baby blue screen and did the spinny thing for a bit. then the spinny thing went away. now i turned it off. now im trying to put in the restore disk and nothings happening

^^copy/pasted from a IM session cause it was too long to re-type

5. macrumors 68020

kellen

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

i put the restore disk in and nothings happening. how do i boot from them?

7. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Hold down the C key when booting to boot from the CD.

Resetting the PRAM as already mentioned could help too.

Holding down the Command, Option, P and R keys while rebooting will reset the PRAM. It's best to hold it for a few restart cycles. Let go once you hear the startup "bong" at least 3 times.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

i found out it was just one of its hard drives. now.... to take the thing out