PowerMac G4s discounted at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Mr. Anderson, May 15, 2002.

  1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

    Mr. Anderson

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2001
    Location:
    VA
    #1
    Check out the link
    http://www.apple.com/promo/powermac/

    With the new XServe coming out, its a foregone conclusion that the desktops were right behind them. And note the date, July 7th, when does MacWorld NY start????!!!????

    Now, to be a G4 or not to be a G4......
     
  2. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2002
    Location:
    New York
    #2
    two weeks after the 7th, it should be a grand ole show
     
  3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

    Backtothemac

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2002
    Location:
    San Destin Florida
    #3
    It will be a G4, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Don't you love it when they put rebates on stuff. :D
     
  4. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2002
    Location:
    New York
  5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

    Mr. Anderson

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2001
    Location:
    VA
    #5
    With a modified mobo and memmory upgrade. Even being able to have 2 Gigs of RAM. Yeah, it will be nice. Long way to go, though, these next two months will be slow.
     
  6. Darth_Vader macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 15, 2002
    #6
    Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

    With the new rebate on G4's, should I buy now or wait until MacWorld;s announcement in July???

    I will also be buying the 17" LCD, which also gives me another rebate if I buy now.

    Not sure to wait, or take adavantage of the current rebates. Any thoughts?!?

    Thanks

    :confused:
     
  7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

    Backtothemac

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2002
    Location:
    San Destin Florida
    #7
    Re: Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

    If you want to save money, buy now. If not. Man, I would have to wait the two months. MWNY is going to be sick huge IMHO. It just depends on whether you cash in your pocket for software / add ons, or you want the fasted bad boy out there.

    Me personally, I wait with a big smile on my face.
     
  8. Biggles macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Location:
    Ohio
    #8
    Re: Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

    Depends on what you use your Mac for. If you're really into digital video or image editing - wait til July. If you're a home user that just wants a really nice and fast (once Jaguar is released) computer - buy now with the rebates. No matter what, you'll spend less now then later. Just make sure u get the dual processors...OSX just runs soooo much better on duals.
     
  9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

    Macmaniac

    #9
    I would say wait. I believe we will see some big upgrades at MWNY.
     
  10. theranch macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2002
    Location:
    Atlantic City area
    #10
    I'm due

    I'm due for a new machine. I bought this 350mhz G4 when they first came out and I felt like an idiot a month later. Now I have learned my lesson and will wait for the July show and see what comes out....it will be a MAJOR upgrade for me whatever it is. Now I just have to save some cash.
     
  11. kidtronix macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2002
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #11
    i think we might see a slightly different box, possible ddr memory, but no ship faster than 1.2ghz, you all should know how apple upgrades by now.
     

Share This Page