Powermac g5 update soon??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by paco taco mike, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. paco taco mike macrumors member

    paco taco mike

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2005
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #1
    Will there be a Power Mac g5 update anytime soon? I am looking to purchase one within 3 weeks, but just read on macosrumors.com that their might be a Powermac update within a couple of weeks.

    I just don't want to wait any longer, i've been saving for so long!

    -mike
     
  2. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

    zimtheinvader

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    the capitol
    #2
    lol, you are not alone :) ...but there does not appear to be a firm consensus (atleast what I've seen) in terms of when other than "by June" or on or before Tiger's release... It seems hard to believe apple won't atleast start using the x300 cards or something other than that geforce5200 soon!! Another thread notes that the buyer's guide may be off for the PM due to the shifting dual/single introductions or something.
     
  3. paco taco mike thread starter macrumors member

    paco taco mike

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2005
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #3
    hmm

    So the update may not come until June? Damn, sometimes i wish i had powers to tell the future.
    would anyone advise getting a dual 2.0 power mac? OR should i wait?

    -mike
     
  4. paco taco mike thread starter macrumors member

    paco taco mike

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2005
    Location:
    San Francisco

Share This Page