PowerMac resell value now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by believo, Jun 5, 2005.

1. believo macrumors regular

believo

I just invested $2600 in a PowerMac about 6 months ago and now with the intel rumors, it's got me pretty concerned with resell value?

IF these rumors are true, wouldn't this drastically affect the resell value of PowerMacs (and all macs for that matter)?

2. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

I suppose it all depends upon tomorrows annoucement, it any.
    I wouldnt worry about it unduly, if there is a switch it'll probably be next year and the details will make all the difference. Macs are great investments in the long run, although god knows what a chip shift will do.

3. sbb155 macrumors 6502

No computer is a "great investment"
    it becomes an older model within months
    I think that the poster meant to state that the "resale valuations" are high.
    That being said, the value of the computer is what you DO with it
    If you use a powermac to exclusively surf the net, it is not a good value, as you could use a mini
    However, if you are doing video editing, it is a different story.

No doubt, however, that the intel announcement will lower PM resale values. But they probably would be lowered by dual cores, or any other hardware advance.

I think if you are using your computer for 3-5 years, you got your money's worth, even if you donate it