PowerMac Single 1.8 GHz - 2 Problems

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DaveTheGrey, Dec 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Hi everybody, perhaps anyone can help me.
    I bought a Single 1.8 GHz G5 Power Mac over eBay.
    (10.4.11)

Problem 1: Sometimes the Display doesn't work, but after a reboot or two it comes up. (acryl acd 20" and a 19" formac display, both the same problem)

Problem 2: Both, the front and the back earphone jack doesn't work and it's not software related (checked it)
    When I plug in a headphone I can hear a hissing and when raise the loudness I can hear a click on the last two bars.

Thanks for any help!!
    Cheers!

Dave

2. macrumors member

Is that a fresh install, or just what came with the system? I recall there were some audio issues on the G5 after some updates, but I don't believe they were limited to any specific model. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the seller ASAP.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Thanks for the response. :)
    It came with a fresh 10.4.0 but I did a clean install and updated it to 10.4.11. I tested it with all of them, always the same issues.

4. macrumors member

How about firmware? Don't know what the latest should be, but you can give it a try. Otherwise, getting in contact with the seller is the only option unless it was sold as-is. It's like pulling teeth sometimes, but if you run out of options...

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

unfortunately it was sold as-is...
    I updated the firmware to 5.1.5 f2, but it made no difference.
    Thanks for your time.

Dave