PowerMac with LG LCD

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by coconn06, Oct 21, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

I'm planning on buy a low end PowerMac and a third party 17" LCD. I've done a lot of research, and have settled on the LG L1720P.

Has anyone used this monitor (or other LG monitors) with their Macs and had good experiences? I've found only good reviews, but I prefer the Mac community's opinion in cases like these.

2. macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

LG monitors are awesome. I believe (though I could be mistaken) that Apple actually uses LG internals in their monitors.

3. macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

after a quick visit on the site, I guess you can give it a shot :) 12ms response time for example kicks ass.. I would never give up my Apple display though (except for a bigger Apple.. this is 17" SD).

4. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

IIRC Apple do use LG/Philips LCDs for their displays, so going with LG should be a safe bet :)

5. macrumors newbie

LG hates Mac

I just bought the LG 1720P and can't get the driver nor the callibration settings right. This sucks and when I called LG for support they told me that they don't support mac. What the @#$%^ do I do?? :mad: