"powermacs delayed" - macuser

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by xelterran, Jan 23, 2002.

1. xelterran macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2001
    "Apple has delayed the release of new Power Macs, which it had been expected to release yesterday.

Sources confirmed to MacUser last week that Apple has lined up a range of speed-bumped Power Macs, including the first to use a 1GHz PowerPC processor. As we reported, Apple had originally set aside the provisional date of yesterday, 22 January, for the release of these machines, but we learned late last night that factors had conspired against this plan, and forced Apple to delay any announcement.

A principal reason that may have contributed to the decision is the number of existing Power Macs that remain in the channel. US sources report that these are continuing to sell well, despite anticipation of new models. However UK delears have revealed that they are having difficulty getting any stock of Power Macs at all at present.

Owing to the last-minute date change, Apple is still sitting on the new models, and sources indicate an announcement will now not come until next week at the earliest.Apple has delayed the release of new Power Macs, for reasons best known to itself."

This backs up a large portion of what we've been reporting and hearing from our sources.

The key point is that the new machines are not expected to be released until next week - the week of the 29th - a date that a call to any Apple store will confirm is the new expected release of the iMac. Clearly, as we reported yesterday, Apple is attempting to synchronize the releases of both new lines.

It is important for our readers to realize that there are no absolutes at Apple. Even if an article is accurate at time of publishing, Jobs' is known for last-minute changes. Above all, this latest fiasco has driven this frustrating point home".

What does every1 make of this?
  2. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2002
    They forgot to say "many Bothams died to bring us this information..."
  3. Falleron macrumors 68000

Nov 22, 2001
    Macuser is a joker!!

LOL!!! Macuser messed up big style and now their trying to cover their arse!!!! It funny because they are saying its delayed. Well, saying its delayed means they have no idea when its arriving and they of course know that apple has to release a new tower at some point. Therefore, they cant be wrong!!!

Forget macuser!! Dont trust them again.
  4. Smasher macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2002
    I'd laugh my ass off if the macs were released WITHIN one week.. double the credibility loss:p

/edit: Woah.. it didn't sensor it. Is it off now?
  5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    totally cool

They forgot to say "many Bothams died to bring us this information..." [/B][/QUOTE]

i laughed for at least twenty minutes

thanks a lot

i'm just pissed i didnt think of it
  6. maiku macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2001
    Macuser Editor's response...

To Macuser...
    >I just lost all respect for this site.
    >Let the rumor sites take care of the gossip.
    >As the whole world can see, MacUser just isn't that good at it.
    >Now that you have been proven wrong, at least take it off your front page...

First of all, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it, even when it's
    not positive. In fact, it's usually the negative stuff that's most useful.

It's worth clarifying a couple of points, though. First of all, if you
    look back at the original story, you'll find that Tuesday was "the most
    likely date" for the announcement of the updated Power Macs. Releases
    that aren't tied to an event can be changed for a variety of reasons, not
    all of which are to do with availability of the product.