Powermacs: Nobody knows anything...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by invaLPsion, Mar 25, 2004.

1. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

After reading through the forums and checking rumor sites hundreds of times I have come to the conclusion that absolutely noone has any idea of when the new powermacs will come out or if even any new computers will come out EVER. This has led me to think the horrible thought that XP doesn't look so bad... I do not want to become an anti-switcher and go over to the dark side but 3 months is a long time to wait. AHHHH

With that said, does anybody think they know anything or have a good guess at when new powermacs will come out? (Apple Insider and MacOSRumors are saying mid April-May but I honestly think that they don't know anything.)

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

MacRumors has pretty strongly hinted that it will be late March/early April. That's better than a definite date from most other sites.

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

What is it with everybody's obsession to always be waiting for the latest greatest computer? I use a G4-500 at home for my professional work in the Graphics field and I am happy thank you that it's paid for and does everything I need. I can't understand plunking down lots of $$$$ everytime Apple or Dell or HP or anyone for that matter hints to something in the wings, because just as soon as you buy it, BAM, something else comes out to render you obsolete.
    But if you're independently wealthy and can burn 1,000$$$ at a time.... have at it!!

4. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    For me, the continuing advancement of the Apple product lines into Newer, Bigger, Better, Faster, is the sort of thing that keeps the organic popularity of Apple alive.

Personally, I won't rush out and buy the new PB the moment it hits the shelf, but I will be as pleased as a looney to see it there.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there will be PowerMac updates eventually. Anyways just hang in there, good things come to those who wait. Maybe try switching to decaf. as well.

6. invaLPsion thread starter macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Very True. Mac Rumors is the rumor site that posts quality information and rumors.

7. invaLPsion thread starter macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

This will be my first computer puchase in over 2 and a half years. I feel very strongly about waiting for updates because the last time I didn't wait and bought an iMac (CRT) the New iMacs (LCD) came out only two weeks later. It would have saved me a pretty penny...

8. invaLPsion thread starter macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

I don't drink coffee. :D

9. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Then does the extra month or two of waiting really hurt so much that you are considering switching to a Windows PC? Weird.