PowerMate USB Volume Control

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by zim, Nov 29, 2003.

1. zim macrumors 65816

zim

Does anyone have the PowerMate USB Volume Control? I am looking for inexpensive item that could possibly be a Christmas gift, something in the 40 dollar range, something that can be used with my .mac 20 bucks. The PowerMate looks cool and the individual does work in Final Cut Express.

Any Reviews?

Thanks

2. myrt macrumors newbie

Yeah it will work great, I use it on those Harmon/Kardon speakers just fine.

3. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Ditto.

As a volume control, it's superb. It works with ALL applications as well, as you get an easy setup area within System Preferences - you can even use it as a shuttle dial with FCP or iMovie (although the keyboard DOES work better, IMHO...).

Get TWO together, and you can play DJ - or even reminisce with MacMame as game controllers!!!

:D

I also like how you can get it to "FLASH" when you get new mail (by using MailPulse - a small FREE app.)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16122

Have fun!

:cool:

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

My brother has one, and it is a very cool device! It's definately worth the money!

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I've got the alluminum Powermate tho I must admit the all black one looks pretty cherry. I picked it up at my local Apple store so hopefully you might be able to avoid having to order it on-line. Works wonderful tho my only complaint is sometimes whenever I startup, it doesn't get picked up as a USB device by my mirrored door. A simple unplugging and replugging and I'm back in business.