PowerPC blu-ray ripper

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by skate79, Apr 28, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey,

Does anybody know of an application that will allow me to rip blu-rays on a G5 PowerPC running Tiger? All of the popular apps like makemkv, Pavtube and Handbrake are geared to run on Intel machines running Leopard. It's frustrating cuz I know that while my G5's a bit older now, it's still perfectly capable of handling realtime HD playback as I use it mainly to edit music videos at 1080p - I just can't find an app that'll get me past the copyright protection stage. I'd prefer to avoid going down the Windows route if possible.

Thanks

2. macrumors regular

G5 PPC and Blueray

Being a recent arrival from the dark side, my knowledge is rather limited so take my words with a grain of salt. That being said, I am unaware of any PPC compatible application that will suite your needs. You stated you would rather not go the windows route but assuming that you have access to one, that may be your only choice outside of getting a new intel mac.

3. macrumors newbie

4. macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Most pointless response ever...
    1. He's already looking for Mac Blu-Ray ripping app.
    2. The spamware you posted is Intel only. The OP needs a PowerPC compatible solution.

OP, I'm pretty sure I've never seen PowerPC Blu-Ray ripping software. If it does exist, I've not seen it.

5. macrumors newbie

It is not for intel only,it can also work on mac,and I thikn the point is the OS but not intel or mac.

6. macrumors member

Intel is a mac these days. Jesus.

To the OP, buy a new computer, your computer is too old. This is the best answer you will get.

7. macrumors 6502a

That link specifically states the following requirements:

# 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
    # Mac OS X 10.5 above (including Mac OS X 10.5 X Leopard,Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro, etc.

The OP has a G5 processor running Tiger (10.4, if I'm not mistaken).

The Mac OS can run either on PowerPC processors or Intel processors. This software will not run on a PowerPC based Mac.

8. macrumors 6502a

I question whether anyone is writing Blu-ray ripping software for PowerPC Macs. Even if they did, it would probably take forever to rip a single disc.

9. macrumors 68040

Giuly

Handbrake may come with BluRay-support in the future.

10. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

LOL this thread has made my morning :D