PowerPC G5 2.5 DP Early 2005 .. Possible Kernal Panic.. Please Help!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by djmikeyc, Dec 27, 2010.

1. djmikeyc, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2010
    Hi all...

I am having serious issues with my Apple PowerPC G5.. Its the 2.5 Dual Processor version of early 2005 running os x 10.5.8, i have installed; 2x500gb hds along with 4.5gb of ram......

Ok now heres the problem, yesterday i came across an app called "CHUD" this apparantly was developed to help speed up an OS X system, so i downlaoded and began to install the parts to the app suite, after installing 1 or 2 of the CHUD apps i came to Reggie SE, i doubled clicked on the install then my G5 decided to freeze, completley!
    I tried Force Quit and nothing happended, the system would not respond what so ever, so i left it for 30mins or so to see if it would figure itself out and it didnt :( so i had no alternative but to cut the power and reboot....

Now, after reboot, my G5 will boot up to the User login dialogue, once i enter my password the dialogue accepts my password and dissapears (astho it is logging into my account) but then the screen turns Blue and the system returns to the Username & Password dialogue box..... Also the fans within my system begin to speed up and dont stop for a while, almost sounds like my G5 Tower is about to take off!

I would greatly appreciate as much help as possible ...

Thankyou all :apple:
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 25, 2008
    Wichita KS
    Sounds like that software screwed up your OS installation. You might be able to repair it using Disk Warrior. You're probably going to need a new install though.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2010

I am going to hook it up to a friends iMac tomorrow and use target mode to Repair permissions, hopefully this will work.. I too think the software has made a mess of my OS....
    I have tried all PMU reset, NVRAM reset etc etc but with no joy, but maybe all of the resets etc will help with the performance of my G5 once i have repaired through target mode (hopefully)