powerpoint 2004 help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by homerjward, Jan 20, 2005.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i made this huge presentation in powerpoint that's due in like 10 hours and saved it as a .ppt file. the .ppt file is like 2MB even though the song i put in it for background music is like a 40mb aiff. i wanted to save it, transitions and everything, as a quicktime movie and then add this thing to the end in imovie, then burn it to a dvd in idvd. the bad thing is, when i import the .ppt.mov (can someone explain this?) it's really low qualiy even though when i viewed it in qt it looks fine, and the first slide is frozen there for like 4 minutes, plus the cube transitions i did just slide, instead of cubifying. the actual powerpoint file's fine, i even quit powerpoint and opened it again just to make sure. why is the slide at the beginning last 4 minutes when it's supposed to last like 10 seconds, why is it crappy quality, and why doesnt the cubifying work? how do i get this to work?!
    edit: also the audio stops after the first slide in the qt movie

2. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

well, found out that if i dont include the audio in the .ppt.mov it works fine, so i just added the audio back in in imovie. it works great and my computer's happily rendering the dvd right now. how long will it take? the only other dvds ive burned have been copies of dvds and burns from the finder. well, just answered my question. just started burning lol