Powerpoint 2004 problem - table borders have arrow heads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kiwi-in-uk, Mar 20, 2006.

1. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else seen this problem (or even better, know how to fix it)?

I was working on a Powerpoint 2004 presentation using a customised template. Everything was going ok, then for some reason all the table borders changed to arrows (see the picture). The table you see was created by adding a new table page and is still a table. It has not been "ungrouped" or "regrouped" or otherwise reformatted (apart from size, to show here).

The only way I could find around it was to create an entirely new customised template from "blank presentation", then retype everything (copying & pasting recreated the original problem).

Yes - it sounds like a corrupted custom template. What I want to know is whether anyone has come across this before and whether you know how to fix it ... without having to start from scratch and retype everything.

Attached Files:

2. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

Powerpoint 2004 problem - table borders have arrow heads

Hi.
    Yeah, I have had similar (not arrow-heads) problems in both Powerpoint and Word 2004. And, in each case, it was indeed a corrupted template. And, backtracking, I reckon I was the villain in the corruption. A single click here and there and --- Whoomph! ---- damage done. And the only way out was to do what you did. Sorry for you (but not as sorry as I was for myself at the time).

3. kiwi-in-uk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep - I might have been the culprit too. But I don't know how it happened.

Usually I wouldn't be too upset, but I'm on a deadline & can't afford another 2 or 3 hours to recreate another presentation if it happens again.

Still looking for insight ... anyone?

4. joelf macrumors newbie

i know this post is old but i found a solution so i thought i'd reply in case anyone else has this problem.
    you can find it here:
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00015.htm
    i didn't try the vba code so i'm not sure if it works ok.