Powerpoint and the Formating Palette:(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacsomJRR, Mar 25, 2006.

1. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

I have somehow managed to get my formatting palette to sit off of the desktop (bottom of the screen) so that it is now unreachable. Does anyone know how I could get it back onto the screen??? This is really frustrating:(

Thanks for your help.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You could delete a file named com.microsoft.PowerPoint.plist but this would revert PowerPoint back to its default settings. :(

I wonder if shrinking the screen resolution, opening PowerPoint and putting the resolution back up would help... I've never tried this. :)

3. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

How did you manage to do that?
    I can't get it to go beyond the screen edges (the perimeter of two screens).
    Are you sure it's not hiding behind your Dock?

4. MacsomJRR thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

First I'll have to come clean and admit that it wasn't actually me that did it. This is a problem that my mum is having with her iBook and has now become my problem for the weekend (I'm visiting:)).

I tried resetting the screen resolution to different sizes to try and "trick" it into view but that didn't work. I also tried mad jew's suggestion to erase the "com.microsoft.powerpoint.plist" and that didn't get it back either:(

It's really bizarre.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!:D

5. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

How about turning the palette off and on?