Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I would like to find out if PowerPoint's presentation mode any different on the iPad Pro's bigger screen. Could anyone with both iPad Pro and Air test this for me?

Thanks!

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
If you have PowerPoint on your iPad Pro, could you please by telling if the 'Presenter View' looks like the attached screenshot (from my iPad Air)?

To get to Present View:
- launch Powerpoint, make a new file, choose any theme,
- select to "Slide Show" tab (page)
- finally select 'Presenter View"

Please tell me whether the page layout is pretty much unchanged as on the iPad Air (below)?
Thank you so much in advance.

148nhq8.png

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It's the same as on the Air. The main change is coming later this month when PowerPoint gains inking support with the Apple Pencil. I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: silverblack

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Darn, I need it to be like this (on Windows computer).
I guess I couldn't return my Surface Pro 4 yet. Thanks for the answer.

PowerPoint-2013-Presenter-View.png

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
Here is my iPad pro screen shot

Screenshot deleted due to pointlessness

Last edited:

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Here is my iPad pro screen shot
View attachment 603848

Thanks. So it is able to display the notes section.
However, the preview slides (thumbnails) are still too small. I won't be able to see the regular font text on a preview slide. On the windows version, it only show the next (one) slide, which it bigger. So I can see the content clearly. It also previews the next animated object, one at a time, rather than just showing all objects.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks. So it is able to display the notes section.
However, the preview slides (thumbnails) are still too small. I won't be able to see the regular font text on a preview slide. On the windows version, it only show the next (one) slide, which it bigger. So I can see the content clearly. It also previews the next animated object, one at a time, rather than just showing all objects.

Lol, they look fine to me.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Thank you for showing the screenshot. It was actually very useful, since it was not exactly like on the
iPad Air.
Actually, it is the same. I just tried it on my iPad mini. You can choose to show or hide the notes by tapping the "page" icon in Presenter View.

Reactions: silverblack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.